Det federala utbildningsdepartementet tillkännager att fortsätta med styrelsexamen per schema

Tjänstemän är överens om att bedriva akademisk verksamhet på skolor under SOP

Studenter vid en undersökningshall mitt i den nuvarande ökningen av fall av coronavirus. Filfoto

Det federala utbildningsdepartementet tillkännagav på onsdagen att fortsätta styrelsens undersökningar enligt schema över hela landet oavsett ökningen av coronavirusets positivitet.

Tillkännagivandet gjordes genom en ömsesidig överenskommelse mellan tjänstemän under ett möte som leddes av tillförordnad sekreterare för ministeriet för federala utbildningen Asif Haider. Provinsiella utbildningssekreterare deltog praktiskt taget i mötet.

Mötet beslutade gemensamt att inte förlänga semestern för utbildningsinstitutioner. Samtidigt enades mötet om att bedriva akademisk verksamhet på skolor under strikt implementering av COVID-19 standardoperationsprocedurer (SOP).

Representanterna från provinsiella utbildningsavdelningar uppmanades att fatta beslut om återupptagande av skolor enligt koronaspositiviteten i deras respektive provinser.

Mitt i samtalen om fördröjning startar interproven i Punjab, KP och Islamabad

I början av juli började mellanproven i Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa och Islamabad bland uppmaningar till fördröjning av tidningarna på grund av kort tid för förberedelser.

PML-N hade tagit upp denna fråga i nationalförsamlingen och krävt att regeringen försenade interproven eftersom studenter inte fick tillräckligt med tid att förbereda sig under coronalåset eftersom skolor mestadels stängdes.

Den federala regeringen vägrade dock att skjuta upp tidningarna och sa att det är viktigt att hålla tentor för studenternas framtid och slog till mot den ”billiga” tentapolitiken hos oppositionslagarna.

Tidigare hade den federala regeringen, i samråd med alla provinsiella myndigheter, beslutat att genomföra prov för matrikel- och mellanstadieelever i endast valbara ämnen för att underlätta studenterna under COVID-19.

Utbildningsminister Shafqat Mahmood rådde eleverna att inte tro på rykten och sa att det fanns 29 utbildningsnämnder i landet, som var och en hade utfärdat sitt eget schema och tentorna skulle äga rum på dessa datum. – DawnNewsTV/File

Federal Education Minister Shafqat Mahmood has iterated that board exams for classes nine to 12 will take place across the country as per the schedules announced by the respective boards.

Speaking to reporters in Lahore on Saturday, Mahmood recalled that last year, exams were cancelled and all students were passed. However, this year, provincial ministers and all stakeholders had decided that grading would not happen without exams, he said.

“Exams of A2 Level have already taken place and now exams of [classes] 9, 10, 11, 12 are about to take place in the coming few days. I am telling students: continue your studies because exams will neither be postponed nor cancelled.”

He advised the students who were already preparing to continue studying, adding that for students who were hoping the exams would be cancelled, “it will not happen.”

“This is a unanimous decision of our provinces and stakeholders. Exams will take place according to the schedules announced by the boards,” he stressed.

The education minister advised students to not believe in rumours, saying there were 29 educational boards in the country, each of which had issued their own schedule and the exams would take place on those dates.

Regarding a question about summer vacations, Mahmood said it had been left up to the provincial governments to decide whether they would give holidays or not. “These are not ordinary conditions and whatever the provinces decide in these conditions, it will be correct,” he said.

The minister said that education had been “badly affected” because of the closure of schools, adding: “Schools should be kept open as far as it is possible in view of the weather and keeping in view the coronavirus situation.

“The teaching that can be done in classrooms cannot be done anywhere else. A lot of the course has to be covered and the deficiency has to be overcome. That is why we have left it to the provinces and private schools to do what they think is appropriate,” Mahmood said.

The minister’s comment comes days after hundreds of students protested in front of Higher Education Commission (HEC) in Islamabad and demanded cancellation of secondary school certificate (SSC) and higher secondary school certificate (HSSC) exams.

The protesters chanted slogans against the government and demanded cancellation of physical exams. They said that they were taught online throughout the pandemic and were not fully prepared which is why the exams should be cancelled.

A number of such protests have taken place across the country in recent months as the coronavirus pandemic dragged on, affecting educational activities.

The government had decided there will be no exams for compulsory subjects, while students would only take exams for elective subjects. Retaining the earlier decision with a new insertion, the federal Education Ministry decided that marks acquired by students in elective subjects would proportionately be given in compulsory subjects, along with an addition of 5pc.

Briefing about the decisions taken by the education ministry, Mahmood said the huddle reviewed in detail the conduct of examinations of elective subjects for classes 9 to 12.

“It was earlier decided that marks of elective subjects would proportionately be given to students in compulsory subjects as well, but our research indicated that students usually get higher marks in the latter subjects, hence it has been decided to award 5pc extra marks to pupils on compulsory subjects,” said the minister.

Mahmood also underlined that exams in all provinces on the above classes will be held in accordance with the schedules announced by the respective provinces, while Sindh will soon share its new exam schedule, he added.

Han sa att det också hade beslutats att förskjuten öppning av skolor skulle fortsätta med 50pc närvaro i hela landet utom Sindh, där nya lockdown -restriktioner hade stört planerade verksamheter vid utbildningsinstitutioner.

“Sindhs utbildningsminister har informerat oss om att de kommer att se över situationen i provinsen före den 8 augusti och snart dela med sig av sitt nya schema,” sa Mahmood.

Han informerade också om att den totala vaccinationsgraden för utbildningssektorn låg på cirka 83 procent, men inom högre utbildning var den fruktansvärt låg.

I detta avseende, sade ministern, har vi bett respektive ministrar i alla provinser att säkerställa vaccination av alla studenter och lärare. ”På samma sätt måste transportanställda som är involverade i utbildningsinstitutioner också vaccineras senast 31 augusti”.

Nästa möte i utbildningsdepartementet med NCOC kommer att hållas den 25 augusti. ”Vi kommer igen att granska hälsoläget med tanke på Covid-19.”

Ministeren vädjade också till skolbarn att inte falla för rykten i sociala medier om regeringens tillkännagivanden, som var grundlösa.

”Meddelandena från utbildningsdepartementet och provinsiella utbildningsavdelningar bör endast beaktas. Vi tar beslut med hänsyn till våra barns säkerhet ”, tillade han.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *